Swag for Good Laser Operator and Product Designer
Swag for Good is a project of Hope Tank. We are looking for a creatively talented individual who has a good eye for design and detail. Our Operator will be in charge of maintaining and managing a Glowforge using the center-engraving features, color mapping, photo engraving, 3D engraving settings and running accompanying software. In this role you will be in charge of the digital design and production of signage, plaques, jewelry, promotional materials, and other goods using leather, wood, and acrylic materials.
The Operator will also serve as a mentor and liaison for students and artists from outside organizations who create designs for us to execute and prototype. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about giving back and willing to be the face of this project inside the workshop and out in the community. We need an adaptable person ready to shift focus, respond quickly, and lead with yes on a variety of dynamic projects.
- Oversee the design and production of high quality merchandise using a laser cutter, 3D Printer, and other technologies for our nonprofit, grassroots, and small business community.
- Work closely with interns, students, and clients to best utilize our equipment to meet their needs.
- Attract new community members, groups, and businesses into our network.
- Maintain software, equipment, workspaces, and supplies to ensure our workshop is safe, visually attractive, and functional
- Work with a variety of vendors to order inventory and manage equipment
- Digital illustration, file prep, handling vector and pixel images… we need you to know how things will transpose with printing
- Background in printing production a plus
- Willingness to become an expert in maintaining our machinery… previous experience a plus
- Spanish or ASL a plus
Please apply if you are:
- High energy and easy going
- Willing to ask questions and learn
- Great at problem solving
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Passionate about community
$16-20/hr depending on experience. 20 Hours a week to start.
Email your cover letter telling us about you, your relevant experience for this position, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org